It is McWilliam's Wines commitment to promote healthier consumption patterns of wine by all consumers, to enhance the social responsibility of the wine sector and to take every measure possible to ensure wine is always enjoyed in moderation. It's this same commitment we apply to caring for our environment and community.
Our commitment to corporate social responsibility is demonstrated through the following initiatives:
- McWilliam’s Wines adheres in total to all standards outlined in the Alcohol Beverages Advertising Code relating to the product design, product name, advertising and promotion of alcohol; internationally, it is the Company’s policy that all product design, advertising and promotion of McWilliam’s Wines products must adhere to the guidelines of the appropriate authority in each market.
- Representation and participation on the Winemakers’ Federation of Australia Wine and Social Responsibility Committee
- Adherence to Standard Drinks Labelling and Label Integrity Program and display of stylised wine glass logo on packaging to ensure that the standard drinks content is clearly communicated to consumers
- McWilliam’s Wines Academy courses available to educate trade and staff about Responsible Service of Alcohol
- The industry’s first Responsible Consumption of Alcohol course, which will be launched by the McWilliam’s Wines Academy in 2010 to educate consumers on responsible consumption patterns